Monday, January 30, 2017


Sailor chibimoon 6" adventure doll:  $2.99
Cutie moon rod/moon rod:  $2.99 for both

All @ Value Village

I've been getting all nostalgic for sailor moon toys lately, so I wanted to revisit my past finds.  All of the above were found on August 14, 2008, it was such a great day!

I think it was my first great thrift find.  The wands were in a bag together, the mini moon was in another.  I had wanted her for so long..I think she's the cutest north american mini doll.

I was with my family and hadn't even planned on thrifting.   I think my mom took a wrong turn and we ended up in that area, and I asked if we could make a stop.  Thank goodness she did!

The moon stick is north american, but the cutie moon rod is actually the asian version!  I do have an in box north american version from my childhood.  I remember that it only retailed for $14.99!!  What a difference.

I also had the pink sugar rod which was only $9.99!  I remember getting two 12 inch adventure dolls for $14.99, but I sold the tuxedo mask a few years ago.  I kept the wicked lady.  I never remembered seeing the 6" dolls, but maybe I just forgot because I didn't find them interesting.

The rest are from a year or two before that:


Bandai Europe/Asia Sailor Venus and Uranus:  $2.99 each, I believe from Value Village.  I sold the Uranus a while ago...now I wish I kept her!  Venus was shoeless, but I had the perfect shoes from another thrift find.


14" Korean Sailor moon:  $3.99 @ Toy Traders.  I sold this one too...and also kind of wish I hadn't!


Sailor moon world doll, Sailor moon and mercury pocket dolls:  $1.99 each. 

The first one was found at the Salvation army, the others were at Value Village (separate times!).  Dream pocket moon was nude, but the clothing is from an ugly face adventure doll that I redonated after taking the outfit.


The same chibimoon from the first post...but I found the Sailor moon and mercury adventure dolls for $1.99 together.  I thought I could make boots for my prettier mercury, but now I wish I didn't cut her legs off!

I haven't seen any dolls recently, besides the ugly face ones.  I actually see those every once in a while, nude too, so there's no appeal there!   I would only ever buy them if they had stuff to steal.  They're too ugly to keep as is!

Around this time I also found an in box 12" pretty face Venus, but I think she was missing her gloves..  She was only $2.99 at value village!  The box was really sun faded and ugly looking so I discarded it.

I also have a pretty face jupiter and mercury, I'm pretty sure I got them both at Value Village.  I think they were nude for $1.99 each.  Either that, or they were overpriced at $3.99 each.

I'm really hoping to find more pretty face dolls, especially a Mars so I can finish my light up doll set.  I'd like to start thrifting more regularly, so I hope there's more sailor moon in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment