Tuesday, September 9, 2014


Hermes - Pavois silk scarf:  $12.99 @ Value Village (RSP:  $420)

Hooray!!!  My first Hermes find.  Funnily enough, I just put a thrifted Hermes purse on my wish list a week ago...and then I found this!


It was a lot more than I wanted to pay, considering that most of their scarves are priced at $4.99, and I wasn't entirely sure if it was real at the time.  Still, from what I did know about Hermes scarves (just secondhand knowledge from browsing thrift brags), it looked good.


It had the accent, and it had the forward facing rolled edges.  Plus, it was way heavier than any other scarf I've felt, which I also remembered hearing.

Honestly, I thought it was a thick polyester when I picked it up!  It really doesn't feel like any other silk I've felt. 

But I had it authenticated on eBay...and just like I thought, it's real!  I have no idea when this was issued though.  It first came out in 1964, but this looks new, so I doubt it'd be that old. 

Annoyingly, it would have looked BRAND new if Value Village didn't put four holes in it.  So excessive!  One would have been enough.  That's what they normally do, so why'd they have to go nuts on the one scarf that's actually worth something??

But I've seen ones with copyright marks, and those ones had boxes so I assumed they were newer.

Well, whatever the case, I'm happy to have my first Hermes!  It really is a work of art.  I hope to find several more from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment