Wednesday, April 4, 2018


Hello Kitty instax camera:  $49.87 (RSP:  $129.99)

I knew about it for a while but didn't want it until now.  At this point they were all selling for $124, even though I knew they were clearanced at $70 a year ago.

I tried looking around for a deal but they were all expensive.  Then I noticed that there was a "used" one on amazon for roughly half the price...$66.85.

Of  course I didn't want a used camera, but I saw it was from "amazon warehouse deals."  I had never heard of them before, but it turns out it's amazon's dented boxes/returns/other merchandise that can't be called "new."

The condition was described as "used, good."  They said there was a small imperfection to the front of the camera body and that the box was damaged, so it sounded like a box that was dropped.

I was really worried it wouldn't work, that it was worse than described, or if it was a return, that all of the accessories were gone...but since I couldn't find a deal anywhere else I decided to take a chance.  Since it is from amazon directly, it would be easy to return.

Well, when it came today, I didn't know what to expect.  But it turns out all of the accessories are included and everything looks new!  The accessories were all untouched.  There's hardly any damage to the box either...just a little crease to one of the corners, it's not even a dent.

Speaking of boxes, I got the international version.  Even the box is adorable!  The design is much better than the one that was sold here.


On the camera itself, I can't even see any damage!  I have no idea why this was sold as "used."  I wouldn't have batted an eye if I saw this on shelves in person!

So thank goodness it worked out and now I have the cutest camera ever.  I bought some accessories off aliexpress (a selfie mirror, filters, and a clear case) so I'm looking forward to getting those.  I think it looks even cuter in the clear case:


Makes it look more like a toy somehow.

The mirror was just too cute, I couldn't resist:


I got the white one.  There's actually already a mirror on the camera, but this one's so adorable on!


I had a  $25 gift certificate from doing surveys, so it cost me $49.87 total including tax!  That's definitely the best deal you can get nowadays.

When I was doing research, I saw they were being clearanced at Staples for only $30-$40 in January 2017!  That would have been an amazing deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment